Re: Gaim annoyances

Matt Arnilo S. Baluyos
>> Annoyance No. 1: Mute sounds by default.
>>
>> I can't seem to find where this may be disabled or not. I'm not so
>> keen to the idea of my headset beeping whenever I log in to gaim and
>> forgot to mute the sounds.

Rick Stevens
> Tools->Preferences->Sounds.  Edit away.  Change what you want.

Well, I suppose you could opt to use a command instead, then enter no
command or some null one.

My pet hate is annunciator sounds at full volume.  You might be
listening to some music and BOOM!  Or, you just had the volume set for
listening to music, but not playing any, and BOOM!  I don't want to be
winding volumes up and down all the time, so I re-recorded them at
reduced volumes.

I read messages from the public lists.