Re: MYSQL permissions

Karl Larsen wrote:

I installed MYSQL and using the info instructions turned on mysqld and then was able to do the first few things in the tutorial. But then it said to make a data base and I did that but it came up with an error that there were no permissions for my user name to that DB! I have been looking for a way to gain the permissions.

73 Karl

It looks like you've gotten pretty far, and all you need to do is assign permissions through the GRANT statement. Read up on it, of course, before using it. If there is a user (besides the MySQL root), in fact, you probably already used GRANT to create the user. So now you'd log in as the MySQL root (however you logged in to create the database, I assume) and issue something like:

    GRANT ALL ON db-name.* TO 'k5di'@'localhost'

Is that the level of information you were looking for?

Andy Oram  O'Reilly Media                     email: andyo@xxxxxxxxxxx
Editor     90 Sherman Street                       voice: 617-499-7479
          Cambridge, MA 02140-3233                  fax: 617-661-1116
          USA                         http://www.praxagora.com/andyo/
Stories at Web site:
The Bug in the Seven Modules     Code the Obscure     The Disconnected