Re: No floppy device in FC5

On Monday 12 June 2006 21:05, Alan M. Evans wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-06-12 at 10:33, nigel henry wrote:
> > Well I can't say that I'm too happy about the way that FC5 is handling
> > removable devices. Each time I load a CDROM. or a DVDROM, I get boxes
> > opening, winging about what do I want to do with it. Just tried a floppy,
> > and I get absolutely nothing.
>
> What, in your estimation, would be the correct behavior? And what other
> OS and operating environment gets this behavior right?

Hi Alan. I'm not trying to start a flame war here, but on FC2 I can insert a
floppy, and with KDE's Kdiskfree can mount the floppy, then open it in a file
manager with no problems. FC5 does not want to know.  As far as it is
concerned using KDE, the floppy drive does not exist.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to complain about this problem, I want to
see it fixed, and clearly, at least with KDE, there is a problem at the
moment.

Perhaps the bright spark who decided to remove the removable media
from /etc/fstab would post back, telling me how I can access my floppy drive
while logged into KDE.

Nigel. (not too impressed with FC5)