Re: No floppy device in FC5

On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 09:59:39AM -0700, Douglas Phillipson wrote:

 > When you say, "It should just work", does than mean a file manager
 > should pop up when a floppy is inserted and a mount point created?

AFAIK, you have to mount it by hand, though as I said it's been
a while since I've had to resort to using a floppy, so things
may have changed (though from the sounds of things, they haven't)

 > It doesn't and there are no /dev/fd? devices.  There are some entries in a
 > directory called /dev/fd, which don't appear to be floppy related:

They're your per-process file-descriptors.
You should have a /dev/fd0
does lsmod | grep floppy show anything?

		Dave

--