X11, KDE and Gnome dependency

I've been have a few strange things happen on install, but only with a few systems.

I always install both KDE and Gnome as I never know the users preference, but just recently I have noticed that you can install both without having to install any X11 packages. Naturally this doesn't work too well when you want to run KDE or Gnome. Have I missed something or is this a small oversight in the install script?

Thanks,

Neil.

--
Neil Marjoram