Re: error updating irrelevant partition during FC5 install

On Sun, 2006-06-11 at 23:19 -0500, Jeff Vian wrote:
> You are only allowed 4 actual partitions.  If you want more, then hda4
> would need to be an extended partition with logical partitions inside
> it.  That may be the issue you are seeing.  If hda4 is not an extended
> partition then anaconda/disk druid may be complaining because it does
> not see the expected type of partition there.

If you're only using 4 partitions, on an IDE drive connected to a system
with typical DOS-like BIOS limitations, then you *can* use hda1 through
to hda4 as primary partitions.  If you were using more than four
partitions, *THEN* you could only have three primary partitions, and
hda4 would be an extended partition container.

I read messages from the public lists.