LVM or not?

Hi all,
I am putting together a new workstation, test bed, learning tool with hardware RAID 1 on two 300 Gb HD. After reading through the online docs it seems that I have no use for LVM in this environment. Yet Disk Druid uses this as the default on a new installation.

So,

1.  Is there any sense in using LVM in my situation?

2.  I am planning on this as a partition scheme:
     /boot
     /
     /home
     /usr/local