Re: Windows XP Pro/Fedora Core 5 Dual Boot

On Sun, 2006-06-11 at 11:50 +0100, Paul wrote:
> Why not just format the Win partition as fat32?

Because, then, you lose all the (few) security options available to
WinXP, not to mention the suicidal tendencies of the FAT32 system in
Windows.

There's a number of practical reasons to use a spare FAT32 partition
between the two OSs, simplicity being just one of them.

An alternative is to make a spare EXT3 partition, and use an EXT3 driver
to access it through Windows.  I'd still recommend a separate partition,
rather than letting Windows romp through your entire Linux installation.

I read messages from the public lists.