Re: kde 3.5.3

On Sat, 2006-06-10 at 10:50 -0400, David Cary Hart wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Jun 2006 19:03:02 -0700, Craig White
> <craigwhite@xxxxxxxxxxx> opined:
> > On Fri, 2006-06-09 at 21:42 -0400, David Cary Hart wrote:
> > > On Fri, 9 Jun 2006 17:43:26 -0700, Paul Lemmons
> > > <paul.lemmons@xxxxxxxxx> opined:
> > > >
> > > FWIW, I tried the kde-redhat test version and had to roll it
> > > back. It was VERY unstable.
> > ----
> > FWIW, I have found that doing a simple '$ kbuildsycoca' in a
> > terminal tends to fix a rude upgrade in KDE
>
> Could you explain that a tad further? What is a "rude" upgrade?
----
running kde 3.5.3 with settings for 3.3.5 is probably what I could call
rude.

$ mv ~/local ~/local.bak
$ mv ~/.kde ~/.kde.bak
$ kbuildsycoca

might be a good idea after you updated from FC-5 kde to kde-redhat kde
packages. Certainly is what I would recommend if you had a problem after
upgrading.
----

> > such as a version
> > upgrade with kde-redhat repo...did you ask for info or give any
> > feedback to Rex?
> >
> No. Ordinarily I would have but I was unable to determine if the
> problems were related to KDE or to the qt update out of devel.
----
Rex does the packaging for kde-redhat and would certainly benefit from
feedback. Even if it didn't help you, it might help others.

I guess that I am most concerned with posting about issues without
reporting back to packager which would tend to cause others not to try.

Craig