Re: HELP!! /dev/root mount failure

Try reinstalling grub from rescue mode now,  make sure that all labeled
filesystems in /etc/fstab exist or change either the fslabel or fstab.   The
main thing to do now seems to be rewrite the boot info.

Hi Terry, thanks for the suggestion, I checked the label again with a mkswap -c -v1 -L SWAP-hda3 /dev/hda3

But this still failed. I don't think grub/lilo are to blame here as a suggestion from Ed to unpack and look at the initrd may have yielded an indicator as to why the root dev setup is failing...