Re: Anyway to Access LVM from Windows?

Gordon Gallup wrote:
I have yet to find a live CD that will mount a FC3-5 LVM partition.
They all claim the '8e' designation in the partition table is an
unknown file-type.  Is there a late release of, say Knoppix, that
works for this?
GAG

On 6/9/06, Tony Nelson <tonynelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
At 9:03 AM +0100 6/9/06, Chris Bradford wrote:
>Hi guys,
>
>I'm doing a bit of forward planning here. In the event of an os problem
>and a user needed files off a hardrive with LVM is there any way to
>access it from Windows XP Pro? I've found lots of ext2 ext3 viewers /
>drivers, but none of them can access LVM's.
>
>I suppose the other option would be to plug the drive into another Linux >box, would the LVM then appear under 'computer' or would I need to mount
>it? If so is this a simple process even for an LVM?

Or use a live CD, such as Fedora Rescue CD or Knoppix or whatever.

And do backups, so you won't need to do this.