Re: SELinux

On Friday, June 9, 2006, at 10:48 AM, Paul Howarth wrote:

Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
On Fri, 2006-06-09 at 14:24 +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:
SELinus is far from being window-dressing; when configured properly it is capable of restricting each process to the minimum capabilities that that process needs to do its job, and most exploits require that processes be circumvented to so something else, hence SELinux offers protection against those exploits.

Paul.

I really like the idea of SELinux, but have had to turn it to permissive mode until I can learn how to tweak it for my purposes. I just have not
had the time to do this yet.  Are their tutorials you would recommend.
On one of my trips to Barnes and Knoble I looked for some published work
on SELinux but could not find anything.

You'll struggle to find anything in print that's up to date. Probably the best place to start is:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SELinux

This page was not operating for me.

I have found

http://www.nsa.gov/selinux/papers/policy2/t1.html