Re: Access Denied

Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
Hi ALL

I am faced with a issue of creating database , The issue is I am able
to enter to the MySQL Server with the password, but when i try to
create database I get Access Denied

[root@bde root]# mysqladmin -u root -p create kaushal

You can't create databases using the mysql client like that. Man mysql will tell you that the command line syntax is:

mysql [options] db_name

..so it's taking the last argument (kaushal) as the name of the database you want to connect to, and then throwing an error because it doesn't exist.

To create a database from the command line use mysqladmin instead.

mysqladmin -u root -p create kaushal

Simon.