Re: microphone input goes to speakers, but not audacity, krec or skype...UTS bug?

anthony baldwin wrote:
Hi.

I just installed a microphone, and when I speak into it, I can hear myself in my speakers.
Isn´t that fun?
So, apparently, the microphone does function.
But, I can´t seem to get it to input sound to Krec, audacity, or skype.
I´m sure I must have done something terribly simple and simply stupid to cause such effect,
but I confess, I haven´t a clue what.
Must I do something in KMix or something to reroute the input?
I really am clueless here. Haven´t had a microphone connected to my computer in quite some time.
About 3 years I think.
At that time, I recorded somethings...so I know it can be done.
O yeah...FC5, KDE3.5, etc.
any and all assistance appreciated.

tony

KMix has a green 'led' above the sliders that controls whether or not the output path is driven. Conversely, it has a red 'led' below the slider that controls whether or not that inpout will be fed to the record or capture circuitry. So you'll want to enable the red led, and disable the green one for skype, audacity, etc.

--
Cheers, Gene