can't disable screenblank

I have a FC5 laptop driving a projector. After about 25 minutes of
inactivity the screen blanks, regardless of my settings. This is rather
unfortunate as the projector is in use this week in a theatre, where it
need to be on continuously for at least 90 minutes.

I have the following:

    System > Preferences > Screensaver
	blank screen
	idle after 2 hours (this is the maximmum)
	don't activate screensave when session is idle

    System > Preferences > More Preferences > Power management
	Running on AC
	    put display to sleep: Never
	    put computer to sleep: Never
	Running on battery:
	    put display to sleep: Never
	    put computer to sleep: Never

My questions:

1) is there anything I'm doing wrong, or is this a bug?
2) Is there any short-term workaround - eg hacking a config file of gconf
directly?

It's an Intel 855GM chipset with the i810 driver.
I have the display set to dual head, spanning desktops.

--
The optimist believes that he lives in the best of all possible worlds.
As does the pessimist.