Re: Just another dependencies problem

On 6/6/06, Jeremy Thompson <jeremy.a.thompson+FC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This is just to report the following dependencies problem with 'yum
update':

> ---> Package libwnck.i386 0:2.14.2-1 set to be updated
> --> Running transaction check
> --> Processing Dependency: libecal-1.2.so.3 for package: gnome-panel
> --> Processing Dependency: libecal-1.2.so.3 for package: evolution-webcal
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Missing Dependency: libecal-1.2.so.3 is needed by package
gnome-panel
> Error: Missing Dependency: libecal-1.2.so.3 is needed by package
> evolution-webcal

On the verge of sounding like a terribly newbish user, this sounds deviously
like my problem I posted previously.  But is there anything we can do about
it?  Or do we have to wait for the maintainers to rectify the problem?

Oh, sorry, as I did not notice your previous post. Yes, I think one
has to wait until the maintainers fix the problem, but since many of
them read the list, hence it seems to be a good practice to report the
problems here.

Paul