Re: /dev/root mount failure

Nadeem Shahbaz wrote:
Hadders, on 2006-06-07 2:05 AM +0500, wrote :

I'm also using Lilo as my boot manager as grub hung when trying to load.

What is size of your windows partition ? So far I remember, there is an
issue with lilo called cylinder 1024 problem. For this either you need
grub or your bios supports LBA. Did you try by marking your hda2 as
active boot partition ? are other partitions not hidden ?

Nadeem

Windows is about 80Gb, but lilo works okay, it loads the img files and Linux starts to boot okay. I'm using 22.7.1 and the bios does support LBA mode, and LBA is set as an option in lilo.conf.

I just tried marking the linux partition as the boot/active partition, but this made no difference...