Re: kde in extras - the devel discussion

On Tuesday 06 June 2006 2:05 pm, Mike Cohler wrote:
> I see that there is a long thread in fedora-devel about whether to
> push KDE out into extras. There are a lot of people out there (Linus T
> for one !) who feel that KDE should be part of the OS.  I would hate
> to see KDE pushed out of the core.
>
> What do you think ?

Personally, I see no problems as long as "Extras" is properly and completely
integrated into the anaconda install, as it seems is intended.

However, I do wonder why it is only considered for gnome ? Why not put the
gnome desktop there as well and make core _really_ minimal ?

I know FC is gnome-centric, so maybe that is the reason, but surely there are
many people out there who don't install KDE or gnome (on servers for
instance); why force them to download gnome packages ? Also, for those like
me me prefer KDE, I would appreciate not having to download the gnome stuff
if I can avoid it.

??

Chris