Re: Last night's yum update for pam - problem ??

Mike Cohler wrote:
Paul Howarth wrote:

Any changes you'd make would be overwritten if you ran "authconfig". All
I've done is remove the .rpmnew files on my system.

If I run authconfig --update then in fact the two files remain
different - so how does the information in the new file that came in
with the updates get into the file being used by the system - or am I
being dumb here ?

I *think* that the .rpmnew version of the file serves as a default that's used before authconfig is run.

Someone's started a thread on this on fedora-devel-list as well, so it's possible that someone will come up with an "official" explanation...

Paul.