slow smtp connections from LAN (solved)

About two months ago I posted a message about slow responses from my SMTP server when connecting from within my LAN... Ref: https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2006-April/msg00677.html

In case others run into a similar situation, I solved it by running named on the same machine with SMTP (sendmail) and configuring the dns info for the reverse lookups of my private LAN address range. Then of course making the local machine act as the dns server for itself.

Now sendmail is working properly... well, it was working properly, but now that nasty delay is gone. :-)

Some references I found useful:
http://sendmail.org/tips/private-dns/