RE: Mixing HTTPS and HTTP Virtual Hosts in Apache

Jeopardectomy Performed

On  Mon, Jun 05, 2006 4:32 PM,  Matthew Benjamin wrote

> >> It can only do one https host per IP Address.  You can have
> >> more than one cert, but they have to point to separate IP
> >> addresses.
> >>
> I keep getting the warning message...
>
> "[warn] _default_ VirtualHost overlap on port 443, the first has
> precedence" (without the quotes). I need to somehow override the
> default VirtualHost, any ideas?

Tell us what you changed since you first posted.  That is, you had:

<VirtualHost *:443>
    ServerAdmin myname@xxxxxxxxx
    ServerName www.g.com
    DocumentRoot /home/myname/public_html/download
</VirtualHost>

What did you change it to?  If you didn't change any of that, then
read the responses you already received (and one of which you even
quoted).  You cannot use Name Based Virtual Hosting with SSL.
Period.

This is a FAQ.
	http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/ssl/ssl_faq.html#vhosts

Your line:
	<VirtualHost *:443>
Needs to be:
	<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4:443>
where 1.2.3.4 is the IP address of your site.  That IP address
cannot be shared with other sites.

If you have any specific questions after that, please ask.

--
Henry