PHP quickie - readfile equiv

Hi folks.

I'm trying to write a script to read details from a SQL database, insert data
into a file and download it to the user's browser.  If I use the readfile
function it works, but if I use get_file_contents and echo the file doesn't
get downloaded properly.  In both cases, Mozilla opens oowriter, but with
readfile the document appears correctly, while with get_file_contents/echo it
show the rich text code.

Anyone any ideas?

Gary

<? // vim: ft=php nowrap ai et
include_once("gsql1.inc");
include_once("gsecurity.inc");

list($dummy,$o_id,$fname)=explode("/",$_SERVER['PATH_INFO']);
$dets=array_shift(loadhash3("select o_id as key, * from order_details where
o_id=$o_id"));
if (!$dets['o_id']) {
  echo "Order Details Missing";
  exit;
}
$contents=file_get_contents("/home/httpd/files/$fname");
if ($contents == false) {
  echo "Document Missing";
  exit;
}
header("Content-Type: text/rtf");
header('Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="delivery_note.rtf"');
#readfile("/home/httpd/files/$fname");
echo $contents;

--
Gary Stainburn