Re: yum update in %post of kickstart

This question is more appropriate for the kickstart users list.

First off, what sort of media are you installing from?  CD?  DVD?
NFS?

In the case of CD or DVD, your network hasn't been enabled.

You'll need to put:

network --device eth0 ...

in the header of the ks.cfg file...  Then have "service network start"
in the %post section...

Don't ask me why, but for CD and DVD it doesn't get enabled until
after the reboot (I've filed a bug about this, saying it shouldn't be
inconsistent...).

-Philip

Tom Brown wrote:
Hi

In my %post i have simply put 'yum update' without the quotes to attempt to make it do this before rebooting for the first time - It does not work but also does not seem to error - It just does nothing.

How do i do a yum update from %post on an FC4 box

thanks