Re: problems with emacs (or tramp) on FC5 ?

> Judging from the file name, I'd say Emacs is trying to create a backup
> file.

yes, thats what it is doing. The problem is where it is trying to do this...

> I've seen a similar problem with tramp on and off for several
> years. Emacs tries to save a local backup copy of a remote file to a
> similar location, and for obvious reasons fails. I think it's a tramp
> bug, but haven't gone hunting for it.

Thing is though, I am pretty sure I used the very same tramp version on FC4,
and had absolutely no problems there - If it was a tramp bug would I not have
seen it as well ? I think backups where created in the correct (remote)
place, but I'm not sure ?

> As a workaround, I suppose you could build the directory and give it
> appropriate permissions, but I haven't tried it. I usually just wait
> until Emacs gives up trying to create the file, and save work files
> often.

For me, it happens after only a few minutes of use, so I would have to save
VERY often. Not really a solution.

I will try creating the path and see what happens...

Chris