Re: Initrd /dev scripts?

Clint Olson wrote:
Ahh, thanks. Everything I was googling was saying that it was a gzipped ext2 filesystem, but trying to mount it as such wasn't working. Cpio did the trick.

Clint Olson

Ok, new question: Where do all of the /dev devices come from? The initrd script only creates a few of them, or at least only creates a few of them manually. Here's a listing of /dev when booted into coLinux:

http://pastebin.com/751888

and here's the same listing when booted into FC5 normally:

http://pastebin.com/751881

Both listings are attached to this message as text files.

The problem I'm running across is that there are no virtual terminals available when running under coLinux, due to a lack of said device files. Where do these get created in FC5?

Clint Olson
console
core
fd