Re: Changing the Bootloader from GRUB to LILO

Rick Stevens wrote:
On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 09:45 -0500, Matthew Benjamin wrote:
Can someone tell me how to change your boot loader from GRUB to LILO?

Good lord, why?  Grub is FAR more capable than LILO
It's also a bit more complex to configure than Lilo. I know that I personally prefer Lilo, where you can simply and easily edit its single configuration file by hand, using the familiar /dev/hda1 syntax to denote partitions. I've never run into anything Lilo can't handle, so why work with complexity if you don't have to?

*shrugs* Ah well. I can see this guy's point, but I also know that there are no Lilo packages for FC5, hence removing Lilo's simplicity advantage.

Clint Olson