Re: CD's Won't Mount Under FC5

Actually both Audio and Data. Previously when putting in an AUDIO CD I would get an icon on the desktop saying AUDIO CD, now I get nothing.

Quoting Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

On Wed, 2006-05-31 at 19:52 -0700, Gerald B. Cox wrote:
I just noticed that my CDs no longer mount with Kernel 2122.  I'm
using a NEC 3540A drive.  It was working with FC5 for awhile, but I
infrequently use CDs so unfortuately don't know exactly when it
stopped working.  The strange thing is that DVDs work just fine.  Has
anyone else experienced this problem?  I loaded FC5 on another system
using a Memorex CD and it worked just fine, but it wasn't a combo
unit.  When launching the CD Player, I get a Drive Error.

What do you mean by a "CD", audio or data discs?

Compact Disc Digital Audio (CDDA) discs aren't "mounted", they don't
have a filing system on them.

I read messages from the public lists.