Re: Cut, Copy, Paste Nightmare

On Wed, 2006-05-31 at 11:54 -0700, Gordon Messmer wrote:
Rickey Moore wrote:
> Using Oracle and Netscape we had to use Abiword in-between to cut &
> paste at all. Copy from Netscape, paste to Abiword, copy from Abiword,
> paste to Oracle. What a royal pain. It was explained to me, but I have
> forgotten the reason. Linux will never make it to Joe Lunchbucket's
> computer until it becomes resolved, and this problem goes back a LONG
> way. It was 6 years ago when we were doing that procedure to copy, cut &
> paste. I feel your pain. :) Ric
From the original post, it's not clear where he's trying to copy from
or too. Clarification on that may help us explain why a particular
application isn't behaving the way you'd expect. However, there's
nothing wrong or broken about X or its copy mechanisms.
The Oracle front-end used java, I think. One of the RedHat guys can tell us what the deal was with Oracle as that was the app we had problems with. Ahha! I remember!! The Oracle app was called CRM that we had to use to do installation support with. I disliked it immensely. Rahul, have they finally got the kinks out of that old hack? The only good thing about it was that you could be at home, open an ssh session and then init cipe to tunnel to your RedHat machine at work,  and have your CRM screen right there at home. I thought it was clunky, as my screen at home over a 56k modem refreshed almost as quick as it did at the office. <chuckles> It was a pantload and cursed daily while juggling Netscape to find the answers the support users could have found, copying and pasting to Abiword then copying and pasting to the CRM system, and looking so knowledgable to warrent the support costs. Google was just starting up then. Who knew? <chuckles> Ric