Re: FC Pine passfile default? Maintainer(s)?

On Tue, 30 May 2006 05:17:19 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:

> First, I assume your ran, "pine -h | grep -i passfile".

Nope, sorry. That's beyond me, and no one on c.m.p suggested it. I suspect
you're overestimating me vastly.

> If you did, and  there is a passfile argument, then at least you know
> that passfile support was compiled in.

I just did it and got :

[btth@localhost ~]$ pine -h | grep -i passfile
 -passfile <fully_qualified_filename>   Set the password file to something other
 -nowrite_passfile      Read from a passfile if there is one, but never offer to write a password to the passfile
[btth@localhost ~]$

That's also beyond me -- especially inasmuch as there is no "than"
correlated with the "other" -- nor do I get the point of the "never"

> Next, if the maintainer was nice, you should try going into pine's help
> section and seeing if the default passfile is documented.

The only helps I know for pine are either vast beyond imagining, or else
tied to specific items in M > S > C ; so I don't know where nor how you
mean me to look.

> If not, then you should find the pine src file in the given repository
> and look in the spec file.  It is probably listed there.

What's an src file? I don't hope ever to be competent with source code, if
it has something to do with that -- nor does pine, afaik, require me to be.

--
Beartooth Staffwright, PhD Neo-Redneck Linux Convert
FC5; CXO 5.0.1; Pine 4.64, Pan 0.14.2.91; Privoxy 3.0.3;