Re: fstab problems

William Steibel wrote:
Having problems with samba, I foolishly edited the fstab file. Of course
fedora 5 will no longer boot. I have used knoppix and the fc5 rescue disk
to get into the system and edit the fstab file back to the original. In
each method I run into the same problem. I cannot edit the file because it
is a read only file. All attempts to save the edited file fails.
I am a linux novice,so excuse my stupidity. I appreciate the solution to
this problem

Bill Steibel
bsteibel@xxxxxxxx

My guess is that you didn't "su" when using knoppix. You're probably not root when you tried to edit the files.

--
Ed Kim, RHCE
http://www.rhatbox.com

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. ~Arthur C. Clarke