Re: Fedora Core 5 LDAP client authentication problem with Solaris 9 iPlanet LDAP Server

ay0my wrote:

I have setup a new Fedora 5 Core installation and setup LDAP so that
user can authenticate with a Solaris 9 iPlanet LDAP server.

Before you try to log in as the users, you should probably make sure that both of the following work for the user you're testing:

# id user
# ls -l ~user

The full error is captured below. I have been trying to search the
web for resolution but caanot find any. Any help is greatly
appreciated.

The ssh client isn't going to get useful debugging information. That's only going to show up in the system logs. Check /var/log/secure and /var/log/messages.