Re: different ssh settings for different users

On 5/31/06, Steven W. Orr <steveo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wednesday, May 31st 2006 at 11:54 +0530, quoth Ankush Grover:

=>I am using openssh-3.9 on FC3.Is it possible to have different ssh
=>settings for each user means if there is a user john and he can only
=>connect through the port 3309 and if  there is a user mary she can
=>only connect through the port 4067 ?
=>
=>Rest of the users should be able to connect through the default port
=>that is 5009.

You may use multiple lines in your sshd config file

ListenAddress 3309
ListenAddress 4067
ListenAddress 5009

It is a good choice when you want similar settings for all the users.
What I want is separate user settings per port ?

Why in the Wide World of Sports would you want to do such a thing?

Thanks for the reply. We have some partners and clients which logins
through ssh means sftp. Those accounts are chrooted and through sftp
we give them updates for our softwares means patches.

As the FC3 is accessible through Internet we want to keep our clients
& partners separate even having different ssh settings for them.

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover