echo and maudio soundcards

Hey all,

I'm looking into turning my fc5 machine into a recording studio of sorts. I've got jack and ardour up and running, all I'm missing is a decent sound card for recording. I've been looking at M-Audio's delta cards and Echo's Layla3G and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience using those cards or any others they would recommend.

Thanks,
Endy