Backup Yes again....

Hello,
I used to have an ide VXA 1i tape backup on Win, but apparently it
won't work on Linux...

Since that i decide to buy a DVD burner and burn 3cds intead of a tape.
For example I do the backup of a folder  around 11Go with tar and bz2
but every time my archive is corrupted... Do you have any clue of what
is happening ? Does my command is incorrect, i m running the Fedora
FC4.
My command is below

tar -civf /media/administration.tar.bz2 /home/administration/

Thanks for your help

Franck