Re: making /dev/sda always the same permissions

Steven,

Em Sexta 26 Maio 2006 22:57, Steven Pasternak escreveu:
> Hi! Whenever I plug in my USB stick or mp3 player I can mount it, but I
> can't directly access the device without changing the permissions. I use
> Fedora 5. When I plug it in, /dev/sda appears and its permissions are
> read-write for root, and nothing for group (disk) or anybody else. I
> haven't a clue how to fix udev to use read-write for everybody. Is there
> an easier way? Thanks!
> -Steven

Strange, here the owner is always the user who was logged in when the device
was plugged, therefore this problem does not happen. However, you can set the
default permissions by editing /etc/udev/rules.d/50-udev.rules. In the
beginning of the file, change the default permissions for block devices from
0640 to 0660.

[]'s
Marcelo