Re: High Speed Internet & FC5

Op ma, 29-05-2006 te 04:26 +0200, schreef LeBreton:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am French and I just arrived in California. I am using a FC5 distrib on my computer and I would like to get a High Speed Internet connection like this proposed by AT&T with an External ADSL Ethernet Modem.
>
> But At&T claims that other distrib than Windows or Mac are not supported for their DSL connection. :-(
>
> Could I get some advices for the best solution for high speed internet with FC5?
>
> Many thanks in advance! :-D
>

> --
> This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org
> http://fcp.homelinux.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=89663&topic_id=21716&forum=24#forumpost89663

if it's an ethernet device ALL operating systems are supported as long
as you get your network card running.
Only thing you need to check is that the router/modem can be configured
trough a web based interface or telnet/ssh.

basicaly you can pick up almost any elcheapo ethernet modem/router and
it will work

personaly i use a D-LINK modem/router they have web interface and are
not to expencive

--
Facts are stubborn things

nightrid3r