Wierd dual booting problem with IDE drive and sata drive

>Hello all,
>im having a wierd problem here.i have 2 harddisks,one is a 20G maxtor IDE
>drive,another one is 250G seagate 7200.8 sata.i installed MS WindowsXP in
>the first parition of the sata drive and FC5 in the 1st parition of the IDE
>drive.

Hi,

I had a similar problem which no end of messing with grub failed to fix. What I had to do was reinstall fedora but when configuring the drives you have to go into advanced options and click on the option to change the drive order.

You need to make sure that the order grub sees is the same as your bios. After that reinstall grub best on the ide imho and all should be well.

Hope this helps.

Mark