Re: Using FC4 to recover files from NTFS

Em Sexta 26 Maio 2006 11:51, Kayvan A. Sylvan escreveu:
> On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 02:19:36PM +0100, Gary Stainburn wrote:
> > Could I put this drive into a Linux system, mount the fs (readonly would
> > do) and copy the contents of that foler off?

Yes.

> > I've looked back through the archives and found emails relating to NTFS
> > support not being included, and other problems.  What would I have to do
> > to get NTFS support onto an existing system?

Read the FC FAQ. You just need to add the livna repo to your yum configuration
and install the NTFS module that matches your kernel version.

> > Alternatively, can anyone tell me how to bypass the NTFS security within
> > WinXP

Connect the drive to a system running XP in which you have the admin password,
boot and then take ownership of the files and folders you want. You can even
install another copy of XP in a different directory in the same drive and
then boot from it.

[]'s
Marcelo