Re: cups relaying remote broadcasts to a local subnet (SOLVED)

On Thursday 25 May 2006 07:29, Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-05-25 at 08:11 -0500, Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
> Tom,
>
> I finally figured out the solution.  The previous note you gave me was
> very helpful, and it caused me to integrate some information gleaned
> from a call to cups 'guys' of a week ago.
>
> All I had to do to solve the problem was to 'add' the desired remote
> printers to the gateway machines that pointed to the the printers inside
> the local network.  ie ipp://machine.domain.com:631/printers/lpt0 should
> be used to point to the name of the printer that is on the subnet inside
> the gateway.
>
> In summary for cups to work through a two ethernet card machine:

Doesn't matter how many ethernet cards there are, if it goes over the internet
it has to have the remote gateways domain (domain.com) or IP address to get
to the remote network.  That was what I was trying to explain but having a
hard time of it.

I haven't used ipp before to get to a remote site, never had a need for it.
So, I learned about something I hadn't known before.

Thanks,
Tom

--
Tom Taylor