Re: mplayer install

Karl Larsen wrote:
Steven Stern wrote:

Stanton Finley wrote:
On Sun, 2006-05-21 at 18:04 -0400, Dean Maluski wrote:
I've been struggling finding all the packages I need for an mplayer
install. I think I've gotten most from fresh-meat.
I was doing a search and found someone claiming it's as simple as.
yum install mplayer-skins mplayer-fonts mplayer.
Well, that doeesn't work.
Now I'm stuck looking for aalib package.
Any guidance appreciated!
I'm running FC4

Fedora is a yum package manager based distribution. Yum will solve all
dependency issues and automatically download those dependencies as long
as you have the proper repositories configured and enabled. Then it is
just a matter of issuing the command "yum install mplayer. See
http://stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_5_installation_notes.html for
instructions.

Stanton, I want to send a BIG and public thank you for your web page.
It's been a tremendous help to me.

(Every time I visit the page, I click on all of the Google ads.)

[root@k5di ~]# yum -y install mplayer mplayer-skins mplayer-fonts
Setting up Install Process
Setting up repositories
updates-released          100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
extras                    100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
base                      100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
Parsing package install arguments
No Match for argument: mplayer
No Match for argument: mplayer-skins
No Match for argument: mplayer-fonts
Nothing to do

This what the instructions on the web page says to do on FC5. It doesn't work on FC4.

Karl

For FC4.

http://stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_4_installation_notes.html

--