Re: FC5: Apache issue? Or something else?

On Tue, 2006-05-23 at 16:57 -0500, Gilbert Sebenste wrote:

> On one of my FC5 machines, I run a webserver (Apache 2.2.2).
> I can connect to it normally from any web browser on any machine in the
> world on the Internet...save one. The machine it's on! From that
> machine, running Firefox or Ephiphany, it says that it cannot connect to
> the Web server. Turning off the firewall doesn't help. Never had the
> problem in FC1-4.

Two things spring to mind:  You don't have the server listening to the
interface you're trying to use on that machine.  You're trying to
connect to an external address, and your network doesn't loop around
that way.

>  Any ideas?

Post your Apache configuration details, particularly what it listens to.
And say how you're trying to connect to it?  (External network address,
local network IP, localhost address, by named or IP address, etc.)

I read messages from the public lists.