Re: File Permissions problem : Cry for HELP

Me2resh Lists wrote:
> Hi all,
> i am a web developer and i use fedora core 5,
> i have a problem with file permissions, each new file i need to create i
> have to set the permissions for it manually so it can be executed, how
> can i make the default permission for created files 775 automatically,
> the other thing is after i have all my application working successfully
> on my localserver, when i upload it to the internet, it gets the wrong
> permissions and i have to set the permissions for each file and folder
> all over again, imagine how this can be painfull when the application
> has more than 1000 files
> can anyone help me plz with that.
> any help would be appreciated
> thanks in advance
>
> Note : Here is the error message i get when the permissions is wrong
>

>   Internal Server Error

> unable to complete your request.
>
> Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> and inform them of the time the
> error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused
> the error.
>
> More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
>
> Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use
> an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

You need to change the umask used when you are saving web files.
(umask is a built-in bash function, so it is described in the bash
man page.) Depending on how you are uploading the files, you may
have to change the settings on the server you are uploading as well.

You also need to fix your default 404 error page...

Mikkel