Calendar server suggestions?

I'm looking for suggestions for a group diary/calendar system. The basic
requirements are that it be Outlook-compatible, anyone can see other
people's free/busy status for a given time, a secretary can manipulate
the calendars for nominated other people, and when $BOSS sends out a
meeting notice, it goes into everyone's diaries automatically.

I don't find something decent and free before much longer, I'll be
forced to get an Exchange server. Ugh. Must go and wash my hands.

Paul.