Re: setting a password less ssh connection

On Fri, 2006-05-19 at 19:01 -0500, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

It depends on what you need to do. If you need to run a remote
application as root from a script, you may need ether
forced-commands-only or without-password along with a key pair. For
a machine that only accepts connection from the local network, the
risk may be acceptable. One case where you may need this is when you
use rsync to keep a backup machine in sync with the main machine.
You are going to need root access on both machines. Depending on
your backup setup, you may also need it for that.

I'm still reading the docs at SourceForge so I can enable CVS and SSL. CVS is kinda like rsync is it not? I have to have SSL enabled and then CVS to mirror my development machine and all that. Any thoughts on all that? Ric