Re: Can't Remote Log In

Les Mikesell wrote:

On Thu, 2006-05-18 at 02:26, Johannes Christian wrote:

Using vnc, I get past the vnc password but the screensaver password
(ther user password) simply hangs.  With ssh, after a long wait I do get
the password prompt, but no response to the password.

I hope I have the attributions correct. Is your server mounting other filesystems via NFS? This is a classic symptom of an NFS server failing to respond in my experience.

Is selinux enabled?  I thought I saw some other messages
about the recent update causing selinux to prevent vnc logins.

It turned out that this set of VNC problems was unrelated to selinux, but was instead due to a recent security fix which broke VNC authentication. In any event, that doesn't affect ssh, which the original poster also says doesn't work.