Re: Yum Install

Markku Kolkka wrote:
Karl Larsen kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika torstai, 18. toukokuuta 2006 21:28):
    Well your saying that with Adobe Acrobat just do it the
old way. So I am on the Adobe web page and it will be down in
15 minutes. It's a big program. And since this is how I used
to do it I will use rpm -i since I'm not upgrading anything.

No, you should use rpm -Uvh to install or upgrade packages. Use rpm -i only when you want to install package even if there's an older version (e.g. for kernel packages).

Sorry, I own a copy of Maximum RPM and it goes into details for every control letter. There is no old copy of Adobe Acrobat here. If there was one it would error out telling me so. It didn't. It's installed and working.

Karl