Re: my iptables setting not loaded after reboot in fc5

Here's what I did to insert a rule (using a minimal install of FC4 to set up a
subversion server):-

To open port 10000 for WebMin without nice graphical tools the following
worked for me:-

Add accept port 10000 rule to firewall:-

Get a list of the current rules
iptables -t filter -L --line-numbers

Insert the rule before the last rule
iptables -I RH-Firewall-1-INPUT 10 -j ACCEPT -p tcp -m state --state
NEW --dport 10000
there were 10 rules already in use in this case

Configure iptables to save rule set upon restart
vim /etc/sysconfig/iptables-config
replace "no" with "yes" in line
IPTABLES_SAVE_ON_RESTART="no"

do