Re: printer prints 4 in a page, from browser only

On 5/18/06, A.J. Bonnema <abonnema@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Tim Waugh wrote:
> On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 06:15:08AM +0200, A.J. Bonnema wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> My browsers insists on printing 4 pages on one physical page and nowhere
>> I can find the option to set this back to normal: 1 page per physical
>> page.
>>
>> All other printing (from PDF etc) print normal.
>>
>> Does anyone have any idea how I can reset this behaviour to normal?
>
> The CUPS option that does this is called 'number-up'.  Perhaps the
> lpoptions command will show whether you have this set somewhere.
>
> Tim.
> */

The output from the command lpoptions is:
"
[root@athene ~]# lpoptions
job-sheets=none,none printer-info='HP Laserjet 1200'
printer-is-accepting-jobs=1  printer-is-shared=1
printer-make-and-model='HP LaserJet 1200 Foomatic/pxlmono (
recommended)' printer-state=3 printer-state-change-time=1147969389
printer-state -reasons=none printer-type=143364 scp-fc5=true
"

So, no number-up. Makes sense, because regular printing is ok (all
non-browsing applications). However, I may have found the cause.

After issuing the above command I started Konquerer, it also printed
4-up, so I had a look at the properties and this time I could see the
parameter: 4 pages per physical page (a KDE dialog).

Switching this backup to 1 page, corrected the situation for Konquerer
*and* Thunderbird.

Remarkable is that a KDE dialog influences Thunderbird running from gnome.

Why? Thunderbird is the same application in both desktops.

Guus.
--
A.J. Bonnema, Leiden The Netherlands,
user #328198 (Linux Counter http://counter.li.org)