Re: Update from FC4 to FC5 stole my kernel

Les Mikesell wrote:
On Wed, 2006-05-17 at 08:37, Tony Nelson wrote:

The new smp kernel was installed in /boot and both the up and SMP FC4 kernels
were gone.  But grub.conf was changed such that it still pointed to the
FC4 SMP
kernel.  There was no reference to the FC5 kernel that was actually
present and
reference to the FC4 up kernel was removed from grub.conf as well.

Editing grub.conf to point to the new kernel solved the problem.
Please file a(nother) bug on this against anaconda.  This incompetent grub
munging must stop!

Are full version-level upgrades even supposed to work?

Yeah...that's why anaconda offers the option. Personally, I've never tried it.
-Dan