Re: can named listen to other port not 53 / some dnsmasq question.

On Tue, 2006-05-16 at 09:48 -0500, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> The only time I can think of when you might want to run both is if you
> want one name server for the local network, and one that is accessable
> from the Internet. If the machine has separate interfaces, you can
> tell each program what interface to use.

You don't even have to run two DNS servers for that occasion.  For
instance, you can configure BIND to reply differently to internet
queries than local queries.  So for those running their own DNS and web
servers, internet queries for the webserver's IP get the internet IP
address, and local queries get the local IP address.

--
(Currently running FC4, in case that's important to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.